Here I am again with another Jingle Belles Christmas Card weekly challenge!
This week it was a sketch...

As soon as I saw it I knew exactly what I wanted to do!
Here they are... [yes, I did four]
I used a variety of stars for the tree topper.
It's fun to use up bits of this 'n that!
I have had the pp and white buttons in my stash for a while.
The ribbon that says 'Merry Christmas' I just purchased on Friday when I was up in Campbell River!
I knew then what I was going to do for this sketch challenge....
BUT I didn't know I would be using this ribbon!
I saw it and I loved it!
So, I bought it!
GOOD THING!!!
It's PERFECT for these cards!
I think I will also use these cards for the SCS CC '11 challenge too!
Here's a closer peek...
The star is actually a shiny silver brad...
We all know how cooperative they are to photograph!
It was fun zooming around the cs on my sewing machine too!
I hand stitched the mini white buttons on with 3 strands of DMC.
Here's a tip...
Glue them on first!
Just a tiny dab, let them dry...
...and you have NO slippage when you're stitching!
Makes is SO EASY!
Or should I say...
SEW EASY!?!
;o)
- - - - - - -
Card Tally for 2011 = 49 [38 of which are Christmas!]


I adore that little ribbon sentiment ... and the stitched buttons make fantastic little ornaments ... and using all of the layers really draws your eye into your tree ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles journey.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, i LOVE that the ribbon was a last-minute find, & not even intended for those awesome trees...b/c it was one of the first things i noticed and i thought, "OH WOW that is SO clever!!!" :) :) :) having said that, these are just all-round ♥FABULOUS♥ in every respect: the stitching, the buttons, the stars are all JUST RIGHT! love it! ♥
ReplyDelete**clapping** love your cards...all 4 of them! Great stitching...feltie trees...stars...buttons....perfectly perfect! Thanks for joining us in the Jingle Belle's Sketch Challenge!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great clean and simple card! You even made multiples - you gals with the multiple cards are inspiring me! I love the tree as the image and the background cardstock is perfect with them!
ReplyDeleteThese are gorgeous cards. Love your trees and that ribbon is the perfect touch.
ReplyDeleteGreat card! And love the stitching!!!!
ReplyDelete